Jamel Artis is a 24 year old draft prospect that can play point guard or the wing.
Artis’ 2016-17 stats (per 40): 21.2 PPG 3.9 APG 5.7 RPG 0.5 SPG 0.3 BPG 3.0 TOPG on 47.5% shooting, 39.2% from 3, 73.4% from the line, and a TS% of 59.6%.
- Excellent scorer- can shoot or attack the basket.
- Artis is able to handle the ball- could be a solid backup secondary ball handler in the right system.
- Long arms and good frame.
- Supreme confidence- killer instinct shows in clutch moments. Artis is not afraid to take the big shot.
- Doesn’t really have a position- played point at Pittsburgh
- Very old for class
- Not an explosive athlete
- Low steals and blocks per game lead to low defensive upside
Overall: Artis seems like his age and lack of explosive athleticism will prevent him from being drafted, making him a desirable summer league target. I’d love for Dallas to take him, as a long guy like Artis who can handle the ball is important in the NBA today. His jump shot success will determine his NBA success.
Projected draft range: Undrafted