With the NCAA Tournament starting this week and Auburn being a 3 seed, I’d like to share my absolute favorite sleeper that has gotten almost zero draft coverage: Mustapha Heron. Heron is a 6’5 wing with good strength and long arms. He is the best prospect that Auburn has, and was a top 30 recruit coming out of high school.
Tools: Scoring, defense
- Very vocal- always pointing to teammates where to be and where to go. Team first guy
- Good rebounder for his position
- Natural scorer that doesn’t need to force it to get points
- Spot up shooting potential?
- Solid athlete
- High motor
- Quick first step; quick
- Good defensive IQ
- Shot still a work in progress- good follow through, but poor base; missing open 3s he should be making
- Needs to improve consistency in mechanics
- Must improve scoring off the dribble
- Poor shot selection at times
Overall: Left hander that can play both 2 and 3. His defensive decision making and defensive tools to become a two way player.
Projected draft range: 2nd round